The role of equality, diversity and inclusion is central to NHS NEW Devon CCG's values, processes and behaviors. We will outline this in our equality, diversity and human rights policy and will ensure that NHS NEW Devon CCG as a public body, will meet its duty to eliminate discrimination and promote equality of opportunity. This duty applies to NHS NEW Devon CCG staff, service users, patients, carers and members of the general public that NHS NEW Devon CCG staff comes into contact with.
As an organisation we aim to:
- Ensure staff fully understand equality, diversity and inclusion issues
- Feel empowered to challenge prejudice and make reasonable adjustments in their own work areas
- Include equality, diversity and inclusion training as a mandatory measure for all staff
- Task managers to promote the cultural and behavioral changes to ensure equality, diversity and inclusion is demonstrated within the mainstream business of the trust
- Provide an environment for our staff which is free from unlawful discrimination and ensure members of the public have the right to expect the care and treatment they receive from us is provided in a similar environment
- We will work with trade union representatives, staff seminars and use anonymous questionnaires to ascertain staff opinions.
Equality Act 2010
NHS NEW Devon CCG is committed to preventing discrimination, valuing diversity and achieving equality of opportunity in relation to the protected characteristics as set out by the Equality Act 2010:
- Gender Reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Sexual Orientation
- Religion or belief
NHS NEW Devon CCG recognises that these strands of diversity are founded in legislation and that you may experience discrimination on a wider variety of issues.
NHS NEW Devon CCG is committed to looking beyond these strands of diversity to appropriately value all of our staff, including those who work part time, are on fixed term contracts or work flexibly.
NHS NEW Devon CCG also recognises the need to fully respect the needs of our service users, patients and their carers. To achieve this NHS NEW Devon CCG is committed to listening to and learning from all members of the community and making special efforts to reach those who are seldom heard.
NHS NEW Devon CCG sets itself the challenge to remove barriers in society wherever possible to ensure equality of access to the services we provide and employment opportunities within the organisation.