- NHS 111 is the free NHS non-emergency number.
- You need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
- You don’t know who to call for medical help or you don’t have a GP to call
- You’re not sure if you need A&E
- When you call NHS 111 you will be assessed for your symptoms, given clinical advice or treatment and if an ambulance is needed one will be sent for immediately.
- It’s a simple, free to call number available 24/7
- All clinical staff have access to patients’ medical records.
- It ensures that you get the right care, from the right person, in the right place, at the right time
Out-of-hours GP service
There is an urgent out-of-hours medical service when your GP surgery is closed.
The service is for medical problems which you feel cannot wait until your GP surgery opens.
To access this service, dial 111.
Out-of-hours dental service
The urgent out-of-hours dental helpline provides advice on where to find an NHS dentist, and how to access dental care in an emergency when your normal dental surgery is closed.
To access this service, dial 111 or contact the dental helpline directly between 7.30am and 10.30pm on 03330 063 300, or email AccessDental.Helpline@nhs.net